RE: York Street tonight...

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Nathan Swartzendruber wrote:

> I think there'll be clear roads tonight on the Indy-Cincy haul. Sure
> wasn't that way Tuesday night, heading west to the news that my youngest
> sister had gone into labor. Turns out he was born about the time I was
> breaking off of I-275, but I arrived in time to see him brought in and
> placed in his mother's arms. I recall that she said, "Hi."

> Amdon Joshua, 20" and 7 pounds 6. Mother and son are well, went home
> today.  My mom described his initial look as bewilderment, for whatever
> amount of understanding he has. Somehow the feeling seems familiar. But
> he was calm and generally quiet the next morning, in my arms and
> everyone else's.  Recorded a but of his first musings, try to get an mp3
> up soon. How long before all this sinks in?

that's awesome: congratulations.

i should ask how long it takes to sink in that you belong to someone
forever. six months and i still grin.

my parents were married 30 years this week.
granddad has been gone for 2 years this month.
my best friend's little girl is one this month, my niece is one this
month, my nephew is 5 days old

somehow we keep going, reeling through the waves and somehow: mostly
keeping our feet.

rhys