Re: The Crusades

In a message dated 1/26/2004 5:40:26 PM Pacific Standard Time, barrylaw@lightdog.com writes:
Hey all...

For some odd reason I have been wanting to learn more about The Crusades.
So where do I go to get my literary recommendations?  Why *here* of course.
I am mainly looking for something a little above the level of 'The Crusades
for Dummies'.  I started 'The Iron Lance' by Stephen Lawhead, but want any
and all recommendations on this topic.

out here,
Barry

My only reading re: the Crusades is a work of historical fiction by Evan S. Connell called "Deus Lo Volt!"  If you're not looking for "normal" history exclusively, you might like to check it out, though I found that getting through it could be a bit of slog at times.

Steve
oncleboo@aol.com

"Anyone who thinks he has a better idea of what's good for people than people do is a swine." -- P.J. O'Rourke