things i like

ice skates:

i got a new (my very First) pair of hockey skates on saturday afternoon.

it was sleeting slightly, and we didn't want to skate at the new downtown
tiny rink.

so we headed off in the car to the tiny park just down the street from our
place.  with the low clouds reflecting the streetlights from the road
quite well, i put on my skates and wobbled out after dave.

using hockey skates is a bit different from figure skates. a bit different
from inline skates.

quite similar to skiing.

anyway, there's nothing like the sound of swish swish cutting through the
snow on top of the ice. i got so warm, i ended up skating around in my
turtleneck and hat with no gloves, but i did have my skibibs on.

there was the mournful honking of geese settling themselves to sleep
across the river, in the other flooded section of the park.  dave was
mostly a silhouette in the distance, and the cars drove by. i felt
secretive and special. the trees stretched up their branches, and we just
skated and skated.

dave was trying to teach me to skate like he was - leaving only parralell
lines on the ice. it's hard! but i started to catch on.

all the while 'ice skating at night' was playing in my head from oOcean
Blue.

last night was colder, and the snow had frzen slightly on top of the ice,
so it was not as nice.

however, i am sure tonight will be fun.

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.