Re: Jostling? Jostle this!

I remember when researching which mp3 player I wanted to get, I don't recall if it was iPod or Odyssey, but one of 'em had a line in an ad that read, if you can make it skip, you probably broke it.

File structures are very important to how my odyssey operates, and I assume other brands as well. I have lots of non-musical data on my Odyssey and if I don't store it two or three folders down from the root, it can cause the machine to freeze.

Also. don't delete your rips once you've put them on your player. You know you're gonna want the 100 gig model they're gonna come out with next year. I've got virtually every file on my Odyssey backed up on a cd-r. Well, ok, about 40 cd-r's. That way, if the machine fails or I want to get a bigger better unit in the future, I don't have to re-rip everything.

"Temmesfeld, Daniel" <dtemmesfeld@eim-inc.com> wrote:
um... it's a digital source and not on a spinning CD.
i don't think there ever *could* be problems with
skipping tracks or the like while running... unless
you had electrical wiring issues...

Bruce is correct. i don't jog. shin splints, ya
know. but i do try to do the bike or elliptical
machine... i just have to get my back healthy again
before i resume the morning workouts...

in other news... i think i'm convinced on the 40GB
Lyra. my ripping schedule is booked through February.

backs are for sucks,
Dan

Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises