Recipe - White choc cranberry cookies

Hello,  My name is Dave and I'm an Otraholic.

It was great to meet all the listees this weekend.
You guys are the best.

Bruce wanted me to post the cookie recipe,  here goes.

hometown boy dave in Cincy
------------------------------------
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
(Makes about 5 1/2 dozen cookies)

Ingredients
--------------
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup shortening

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (not melted)
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
1 teaspoon vanilla

1 egg or 1/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1 package(6 ounces) white baking bars(white chocolate),
cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch chunks

White Chocolate Glaze (see below)

-------------
Heat oven to 350º.

Beat sugars, shortening, butter, orange peel, vanilla and egg
in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light
and fluffy, or mix with spoon.

Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
Stir in cranberries and white baking bar chunks.
-----------
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto
ungreased cookie sheet
-----------
Baked 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown.
Cool 1 to 2 minutes: remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Cool completely about 30 minutes.

Drizzle with White Chocolate Glaze.
=======================================

[White Chocolate Glaze]

Ingredients
-----------
1 package (6 ounces) white baking bars (white chocolate), chopped
2 teaspoons shortening
-----------

Place ingredients in 2-cup microwavable measuring cup or deep
microwavable bowl.

Microwave uncovered on High 45 seconds, stir.

If baking bars are not melted, microwave 10 to 20 seconds at a time,
stirring after each time, until melted.
Nutrition info:

1 cookie: Calories 90, Fat 5g, Sodium 45mg, Protein 1g, Cholesterol 10mg,
Carbohydrate 11g.

Food exchanges: 1 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat
I use Ocean Spray Craisins - Sweetened Dried Cranberries and
Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Bars.

Chop the chocolate in advance to speed up the prep time.

                          unladen european swallow