RE: where? when?

How to explain Dutch Bingo....
Well, to start, Calvin is a part of the Christian Reformed Church which
was started in the 19th century by dutch immigrants in Michigan.  Many
of the members of the CRC live in specific communities, CRC pockets, as
it were.  And so if you're a part of this CRC dutch network, and you
meet someone else who is in it or connected to it (attending calvin is
a great connection.  Or having relatives who have) you can play.  The
game is this: who do you know that the person you're talking to either
knows or is related to.  So you get questions like "are you related to
(person with the same last name as you)?" or "when did you graduate?
Did you know my cousin ___?"  If the answer is yes, then Bingo.  Its
kind of dumb, but its a good way to connect to someone you don't know
very well.  I bet other communities do it and call it something else.

Dutch without a dutch last name, Dutch Bingo champ,
Bethany