RE: The Perfect Gift

Don wrote:

>>Actually, from what I've read, Sam Walton himself was a "by the people for
>>the people" kind of guy, and only after his death did the franchise turn
>>into the soul-crushing, community-destroying, land-blasting behemoth that
>>it is today.

I have a friend who worked for Wal-Mart in West Virginia after college and
he said that one day he was eating lunch at the snack bar and Sam Walton
came in and sat down next to him and ate lunch with him.  He said that Sam
was well-respected and liked by all of the employees and would do this type
of thing often.  It was after Sam died that he left Wal-Mart because it
turned "corporate".

I don't know the guy and get claustrophobic in Wal-Marts so don't go on my
word.

Out here,
Barry