RE: The Perfect Gift

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Kelvin Bailey wrote:

> Sometimes I get a little weary hearing people complain about where they
> work.

is it ok to complain whne you like it, but some thigns are getting
frustrating?

or when it's just an extreme job (love/hate/love/hate)?

i would think so.

> If you don't like it, get another job.  I just quite my sucky job and it
> was the most empowering thing I've done in years.

i can tell (: i am glad for you.

> I know some people dont' have the luxury, but the folks working at
> Borders aren't exactly welfare mothers.

true. i agree. but they could be supporting a family. i don't really have
the luxury to look for another job, since my husband is in school and the
paycheck i bring home is the one we pay bills with. but i'm still looking
and hoping (:

> Besides...healthcare is a "benifit" not an entitlement.

i agree it's abenefit, which is why it costs something. healthcare should
cost somehting. moving towards a welfare/everything is owed to me kind of
state is dangerous in many ways.

ours just quadrupled in cost, but that's cos our nice little company was
paying 85% of the bill, and now we are owned by a corporate thingie and
they pay the minimium. i still chose the good plan.

> I think it would be great if all employers offered it to all full-time
> employers, but if they don't and you need it, go somewhere that offers
> it.

word.

> Besides...unions suck.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i dunno.

they used to be good.

> But then again...it's Christmas time!

and the snowy is drizzling into slush

i wouldn't buy from border's anyway, it costs me too much.

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.