RE: christmas music

Speakingt of Christian bands and drummer bloy, I have
to say I love the Jars of Clay version, especially the
"grinch mix," almost haunting.
A couple other Cmas CD's I love:
Micheal W Smith: Christmas (beautiful orchrastration,
done before he got too trendy)
And of course, the sound track to "It's a Charlie
Brown Christmas"
--- Thom Jurek <blueofnoon@msn.com> wrote:

> >i think Drummer Boy deserves and cries out for a
> rap/pop version with hard
> >drum beats. not the sappy choral arrangements with
> men and women singing
> >soulfully.
>
> There is a great funk version by Barry White's
> Salsoul Orchestra, and the
> closest thinnkg to a hip hop version is by Cassandra
> Wilson. The versions by
> the Stylistics, the Jackson 5 and the Temptations
> are not to be discounted
> either!
>

> Thom Jurek
> Senior Staff Wrtier
> All-Music Guide
> 734-887-5600, ext. 249
> thojur@allmusic.com
> blueofnoon@msn.com (personal)
>

> >i once heard a bluegrass rendition. o, it was fun!
> >
> > > Ok, enough from me.
> >
> >thank you
> >
> > > Thom Jurek
> > > Senior Staff Wrtier
> > > All-Music Guide
> > > 734-887-5600, ext. 249
> > > thojur@allmusic.com
> > > blueofnoon@msn.com (personal)
> >
> >now i understand (: how you know so much !
> >
> >rhys
> >
> >--
> >The light at the end of the tunnel may be an
> oncoming dragon.

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"