Re: BPD

Jason Neely wrote

> O.K. so it's well
> defined that they're Christians, and we all know that they ROCK, but does
that
> make it C-R?  I say not.  Christian-Rock is music that is specifically
written to
> be C-R.

I'd say it's Christian Rock in the same way that Jesus was Jewish, but was
hardly a typical Jew.  The spiritual content of their lyrics reminds me of
the statements that led to George MacDonald's rejection by church leaders.
When it comes down to it, there's something about truly creative
Christianity that alienates those who have limited ideas of what it means to
follow Jesus.  So what's called Christian Rock isn't usually Christian (ie
Christ-like) at all, if it can be classified by a narrow genre.

-Damian,
    Pondering verbosity in the face of overwhelming weariness