Okay, NOW we're talking about porn.

On 11/21/03 6:34 PM, quoth the effervescent edwardsaaron2000@yahoo.com at
edwardsaaron2000@yahoo.com:

>That is, porn lowers the
>status of women to nothing more than mere sex objects.

Maybe. Doesn't it depend on the woman? Doesn't it depend on the viewer?
Isn't saying every woman is demeaned by porn just as prejudicial and
objectifying as what the porn itself is said to do? Have you ever asked a
porn star how she feels? Have you ever looked at porn either made for or
by women? I'm not saying I'm shaking my pompoms for the porn industry.
I'm not. I'm just saying this is not quite so simple an issue to classify
and dismiss.

Apropos, take a look at the first letter in Dan Savage's column this
week. I don't always agree with him in everything, but he makes some
valid points this time 'round.

http://www.thestranger.com/current/savage.html