Re: Send Kylie To The Other Side Of The World

Michelle writes:
i'm too impatient for priceline though a buddy of mine really
likes it. i personally like:

http://www.orbitz.com

got me to the mainland $50 cheaper than anywhere else, which was
big for me since that's about what my electric bill runs.
The thing is, you really do have to shop around.  For instance, I'm currently looking at a fare from LA to Singapore in January/February as part of a larger, longer trip to India.  Orbitz has, so far, given me the best price I've found - around $650 on United.  Having recently had the opportunity to fly on Singapore Airlines, I was hoping to find a good deal with them instead, but Orbitz shows their best fare at $980, which is obviously a sizeable disparity.  Travelocity however, has Singapore Airlines for approx. $680, which is close enough to the fare on United that I'd probably take it.  Meanwhile, the Singapore Airlines website quoted me a fare of over $3300.  Go figure.

If the bottom line is your top priority, then by all means, give Hotwire and/or Priceline a shot.  I've never used Priceline myself, because although price is certainly important for me, other issues such as the airline I'd be flying, depature and arrival times, total travel time, frequent flyer mileage accrual, etc. all have a certain level of importance as well.  You need to find what gives you the best balance of those things that are most important to you.

michelle

(and thanks to steve/oncleboo for pointing me in the orbitz
direction - one day a re: will get to you, really...)
No worries, I'm sure it'll get to me some day.  Besides, given the speed with which I typically respond, I'm the last one who has room to complain.

Hope not getting to see OtR in CO didn't ruin the trip for you...

Steve
oncleboo@aol.com

np:  Grey Eye Glances - Painted Pictures

"Anyone who thinks he has a better idea of what's good for people than people do is a swine." -- P.J. O'Rourke