Re: OtR Stuff / VINYL experiences

From: "Mark van Hornsveld" <guilty_bystander@hotmail.com>

I'm still in doubt whether I shall get myself a record player for the vinyl or leave it just as an exhibit in my collection. I have never owned any records (now I have two 'cause what I thought I'd ordered an EP from dutch band 'at the close of every day' turned out to be a 10") so I'm unfamiliar with the emotions playing one might have. Have any of you listened to the album and is it a very different emotion than listening to the CD? Discuss.

You MUST buy one. I bought one at Circuit City last winter for about a hundred bucks. I have about 275 albums that I hadn't been able to listen to in forever, so it was very worth it for me.

Last night I was laying on my bed bored out of my skull wondering what to do with myself. For some reason I started humming 'Crackerbox Palace' by George Harrison. That prompted me to pull the box out of the closet that contains about 150 45's. I then spent the next hour and a half taking a little trip down memory lane...and I mean WAAAAAAY down the lane. It was beautiful. The sound of a needle hitting the vinyl is unparalleled by anything modern man has concocted. The scratch in 'Don't Pull Your Love' is still in the same place where it was in 1974 and 'Paradise By the Dashboard Light' is still in the same wonderfully unlistenable condition.

You must buy a turntable!

Kelvin

Do I contradict myself?
Very well, I contradict myself.