RE: Important news....

From: "John Haupt" <johnt54@ptd.net>
Subject: RE: Important news....

All these discussions and speculations are nauseating.  This is my
first...and last comment on this listserv.

Hmmmm... well John, it's certainly not my intention to upset anyone's stomach.

I think it's already been very well stated by s&th, but for what it's worth, here's my feeling on the matter:

The two beloved musicians for whose sake we all signed on to this list have halted a major tour. In their usual exceptionally honest and caring way, they have told us, their devoted fans, that they're going home to work on their marriage. This is an upsetting event for anyone who cares about Linford and Karin. I completely agree that speculation regarding the details, wherefores and outcome of their private tribulations is ugly, mean-spirited and insensitive. But to maintain we shouldn't discuss their *decision* as an important event in OtR's history strikes me as, well, a little silly.

I honestly don't think K&L would consider anything Peter or I have said to be hurtful or intrusive. We've both expressed our respect for their decision, and (speaking for myself) I wish them every happiness wherever their lives may take them.

All that said, I think that I've said all I have to say on this topic.

Keith from NY