RE: interview

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Drew Johnson wrote:

> > Dare I ask, what *is* the "strong profanity" in question?
>
> I believe that would be that great Anglo-Saxon rooted word for fierce
> copulation, 'fuck'.  As in, 'This fucked-up world'.

Ah.  The very word which figured so prominently in _To End All Wars_, a
Christian war movie that got positive reviews in both Christianity Today
and its sister (or daughter?) publication, Books & Culture (the latter of
which begins, "Can a Christian film use the 'f' word? Well, that's one
question. But it begs another: what, exactly, is a Christian film?").

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2002/008/30.64.html
http://www.christianitytoday.com/bc/2002/004/1.6.html

I guess that which is acceptable in a film is not acceptable in music?

--- Peter T. Chattaway --------------------------- peter@chattaway.com ---
Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee