RE: interview

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Chris Queen wrote:
> > . . . which included the disclaimer: "Editor's note: While Ohio is an
> > excellent album replete with spiritual messages, it does include one
> > strong profanity in the song "Changes Come." For that reason, it was
> > decided not to include Ohio among our Christian CD reviews, nor will it
> > be eligible for our list of the Best Christian Albums of 2003."
>
> Dare I ask, what *is* the "strong profanity" in question?

I believe that would be that great Anglo-Saxon rooted word for fierce
copulation, 'fuck'.  As in, 'This fucked-up world'.

My wife, who is terribly bold at work, recently aped Korn by compressing
her mouth and growling 'F-f-f-f-f-u-kuh-kuh-kuh-kuh-kuh' for her AP students to
illustrate how certain sounds in lyric verse could convey meaning simply
by themselves.

Drew Johnson - djohnson@snowplow.org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA   ^ ^
"You rock my small, self-centered world." -Diablo, goats.com       (_|_)
          http://www.livejournal.com/~monkeydance