Re: oh no..

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 shieneehead@comcast.net wrote:

> have you received the sad, sad news? We've poured our hearts and our
> souls into our music this year, and we've seen that tree bear a lot of
> fruit and flourish. But we've increasingly realized that there has been
> very little room left over for anything else including our relationship
> and marriage. As difficult a decision as it is, we've decided we must go
> home to do some much needed caretaking and work to preserve this part of
> our lives.

this makes sense. i wondered how it'd affect things. if this is true, then
i'm glad they made the decision.

as one newly married and seeing how hard it is to balance his school life
which takes 3 hours of driving plus a full day against my working full
time, i know it's hard to keep a living relationship

must get harder being in the public eye....

> lives get way out of balance. Knowing this is an amazing place to start.
> Please keep us in your prayers and again, we hope to see you soon when
> the time is right.
>
> We really love what we do, but we're not willing to sacrifice our
> relationship and marriage on the altar of a career. We think you'll
> agree when we see you again that our music is more alive than ever.

this actually makes me respect them. before they wer ejust musicians i
liked the music they did and liked that they wrote it and aspired to true
art.

i respect them more as people now.

do i sound snotty?

and hmph, somehow i got removed from the announce list.

rhys

--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.