canal street - 25 october

ok, this is unprecedented for me, but here i go:
brian's concert notes.

25 October 2003 - canal street tavern

openers:  griffin house, susan enan

setlist (ripped from the stage):

hometown
long lost bro
anything
new orleans (1)
she
nobody # 1 (2)
lifelong
-----
remind us (3)
ohio (3)
-----
pro day (4)
all i need
orphan
changes (5)
----
cruel (6)
jack's
fool

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(1)  linford quoted karin from an earlier story:  "i
haven't had a hangover like that since the henderson's
left."

karin replied "i'm gonna dedicate this one to me..."

(2)  karin introduced the song with "this is how white
girls rap in ohio."

(3) these two were with karin solo on stage, playing
keys

(4)  after ending this song linford said "well, does
anyone have anything to say?"  this fellow pipes up
right away.  "well, actually linford, i do..."

propositions ensue.  she says yes, hooray for the
happy couple.  karin and linford must get invited to a
lot of weddings for which they're partially
responsible.

before starting karin says "that's hard to follow."
someone yelled out "try 'go down easy'"  karin
demurely muttered "oh, my..."

(5)  this wasn't played

(6)  after 'cruel and pretty' someone yelled out
'latter days!'  linford said "yeah, you've been
yelling that out all night--we'll give it a shot."

i was one of those fools there both nights.  tonight
was like retro otr--4 piece, about half a dozen
notches lower in intensity than the night before.
everything seemed just a step mellower, just a step
slower.  it was the otr that i was first introduced
to.  strong, dynamic, tremendous.  but not the same
band as the the one with paul.  i like the new sound.
i originally only planned on being there saturday--i'm
glad i got to see paul friday.  that was a treat.