Re: Re: Over the Rhine: Upcoming dates, volunteers etc

Jeff Holland said:
>    Now, if OtR could play at some classy venue like the the Agora Ballroom
> at the FOX or even Eddie's Attic instead of dives like The Echo Lounge.
> Well, I won't ask for too much.

Yeah, what's the story with this trend?

I thought Karin had an aversion to cigarette smoke... and I was always so
happy that they played in non-smoking 'listening-rooms' rather than
standing-room-only dives...

Is it a profit thing?   Do they make more when they pack people into a
lousy little room, or are they just aiming for a greater market segment,
trying to pick up on the drinking/smoking younger crowd?

It's still a great show... but.

A.