Re: Rolling Stone / Kim Taylor / Ric's CD / Fav Shows / DC show

>Many comments preceded by the "greater than" sign were originated from Dan
>"The Automator" Temmesfeld.

>*1* [I love the smell of vinyl in the morning]
>first off, Rolling Stone is a poo magazine, not a
>music magazine.  if you want to read about music,
>you get Spin, CMJ NMM, Alt Press, Blender & Paste...
>yes, Blender rocks... mucho reviewos.

Blender is a fun music magazine, it's like our own version of Q or
something, complete with humor and all.  RS, as Dan put, is poo.  The paper
is too cheap.

>*2* [The fall of the rhythm]
>Nathan wrote about KIM TAYLOR, RIC, and FAV SHOWS:
>>yall might remember reading about ric's gig with
>>kim taylor this past weekend. i snuck down there
>>friday night before going to the old college
>>reunion.  great show. hear me gently when i say
>>that this is my favorite show this year.

I went to the Kim show, didn't see Nathan OR DJT.  We arrived later though,
but was there for 82% of Kim's show apparently.  The show didn't do all that
much for me.  The first time ever I saw Kim's face I liked her better than
in subsequent shows.

>*2.5* [...Just when you thought it was safe to get back into the groove...]
>get Ric's new one (When I Consider How Long My CD
>Titles Are Spent) from Paste.  it's bueno.  and it
>took a total of 72 hours from ordering until it was
>in my CD player.  Paste is redeemed.

You're such a forgiver, Dan.  I hold grudges far too long, as long as my
limited attention span will allow.  If Ric's CD is available in local
outlets I will buy it, if it's at Paste only I will hear it in your car.

>*3.1415* [My obsessive fascination is in your imagination]

My favorite shows of the year.  Hmm.  I loved The Sea And Cake in April
except for the part where my car broke..  And I think I saw Sigur Ros this
year, in Louisville but it wasn't up to the level of last year's Columbus
show.  Duran in Vegas was more of an experience than a show proper..  OtR in
this current live incarnation is like the crack rock for me - the songs are
so perfect on CD, and live they are totally transformed into their perfect
angst filled cousin, the band's energy amplifying every emotion in each song
played..  BPD is amazing.  Oh!  Flaming Lips put on a great show too, but it
was more like a party.

So I guess I have no real answer still.

To put in your mind that all mankind is a failure,