Re: 1st anaversary of bali bombings

I feel your pain Emily. In many ways, the Bali Bombings saddened me more than the September 11th attack, for Bali has a very special place in my heart
In 1999, I went to Bali for a couple weeks with my church. I saw a lot of the island, and comuned with many great people. I walked the very spot where the car bomb went off. In fact, one of the pastors on the island owns a hotel a few hundred feet away.
Anyway, my prayers and thoughts are with all of the Balineese and Australians who mourn the tradgedy on this day.

blite young <emilyold@yahoo.com> wrote:

hello everyone

im just dropping a little note, you all may or may not be aware but today in australia the 12 october is the first annaversary of the bali bombings that killed 202 people, 88 of then who were from australia, when you all read this is will most likely then be sunday the 12th for you over there for you. i am just reminding tou all in case you wanted to have a minute silence for all the dead and survivers. i believe there was at least one american who died there.

i know that the bali bombings were no where as big as september 11, but i think it would still be nice if you could all just spend a minute to think about those people.

i didnt know any of the victims, i feel i dont need to know any of them to feel sad for them all.

lets all at least pray that there will be no more terrorist attacks againts the world, its hard enough to live without worrying about when or where the next attack will be, god bless people like karin and linford who can provide beatifull words to keep us all sane.

thanks from emily, someone who needs to hear good news, eyes are sore and red from crying to much

Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"