RE: Drew's New Forum

My replies inline, ALL CAPS to make them easy to find.

-----Original Message-----
From: Trudy
To: over-the-rhine@actwin.com
Sent: 10/11/2003 11:50 AM
Subject: RE:  Drew's New Forum
It's so funny you should say this because I have been struggling with
using the LIST properly regarding how to reply to all, edit what I'm
responding to, etc,etc...(Thanks to Michelle for the crash course)
I guess we are most comfortable with what we are most familiar with.
As far as the OTR message board forum Kylie, I can only say just go
there, follow the prompts to sign up and just experiment by clicking on
each topic and each option.

I TOTALLY AGREE... JUST GO VISIT AND TRY THINGS. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BREAK
ANYTHING!

I would like to ask Drew (if you are reading, Sir Vogel)....perhaps a
little 'message board insruction page' written in easy to understand
general terms for people to familiarize themselves with how to use it .
We folks who are not so computer-savy as you (ME, ME) could use a little
help.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO DRAFT SOMETHING LIKE THAT, I CAN EASILY MAKE IT PART OF THE
BOARD.

Also...can you make it an option to delete a post if we write something
and then change our mind?

I'LL HAVE TO LOOK INTO IT, BUT I KNOW THAT YOU ALL CAN _EDIT_ YOUR POSTS IN
CASE YOU SAY SOMETHING STOOPID.

And while I'm on a roll, I think the fact that everyone can see who is
online and what they are reading is quite intimidating for those who are
tentative about joining up and posting.  Folks like me who are happy to
be there and leave the window open all day...well, I guess my obsession
is showing.....but others may feel that their privacy is being invaded.
Maybe an invisible mode?

I THINK THERE IS AN "INVISIBLE MODE" BUTTON IN THERE; THERE IS FOR THE
ADMIN. HOWEVER, DON'T FEEL TOO WORRIED ABOUT BEING ABLE TO SEE WHO IS
ONLINE...