Shuba's Review (2nd attempt)

Well I didn't make it to the Saturday show but I did make it to the Sunday
Shuba's show and here's  few thoughts.First off I've never made any secret
to the fact that I hate Shuba's and tonight was one of the main reasons
why.The place was soldout and for some reason they neglected to have the air
conditoning on making it feel like we were standing in a stinky and I mean
STINKY sweatpit.The band came on promptly at 9 ish.Karin wearing a jacket
with a furry collar which she took off after the second song because of the
heat.The full band sounded awesome and Karin as usual was flawless.The
setlist
was the same as the Beachland show.Early in the show Karin dedicated a
song(I forgot which one) to
the main guy from Back Porch who OK'd the double record set.He was standing
in the back of the room right next to me.So I asked him "Can't you make this
woman a star"?He said we're trying but
WXRT won't play them.Then I asked him "how come we're not in the "Americana"
charts (which in Radio & Records magazine charts all the Folksy/artsy stuff
like Gillian Welsh etc...) and he said the Americana people don't think
they're "Americana enough" ! ??? I told him if "Ohio" is not an Americana
album then theyr'e idiots.God forbid your'e a little diverse style wise !!
Back to the show..."Life Long Fling/Aint No Sunshine" was incredible as
Karin said "this has been dubbed our makeout song,and that's alright with
me".As well as "the people last night didn't get the 2 song version".
"Ohio and BPD" sounded great. "All I Need Is Everything" was one of the
greatest versions ever !
Into "The World Can Wait" which on this night was the bombastic industrial
version which I'm still trying
to come to grips with if I liked it or not as Karin was kind of drowned out
by the bombast thus I believe
lost the feeling of the song in my opinion."When I Go" was a show stopper as
one of my favorites I waited with anticipation as the new kid guitar hero
Paul started the lead section which I've alway's loved.Well let me tell you
this guy launches into a prolonged shredding guitar lead that literally tore
the roof off the place to a massive ovation.I don't think even Karin and
Linford have ever seen anyone attack a guitar like that ! Prompting Karin to
say "and you thought we we're a little folk band....LOL". I'm not sure if
Paul is as right for this band as Jack was but he certainly adds a change of
pace as well as great background vocals."Changes Come" ended the show and
was great sending everyone running from the sweatpit to get some fresh
air.All in all a fine refreshing performance.I can't wait for the
Fitzgeralds show where I hope they'll be a little more breathing room and
can only hope that someday they'll play a larger venue with seats !!!!!!! I
tried to send this this morning but it never went thru?
I was standing by the stove next to Nick.