Re: concerts-a-gogo

What's interesting is I was going to ask a simaliar
question to the list, or more specifically, how is the
local music scene everywhere else.

Portland's Music scene is totally awsome. WE have
several good venues and a bunch of local bands. My
faves are Viva Voce, Menonema, Eliot Smith (though I
believe he moved), The High Violets, and
Sleater-Kinney. Every year we have a really good music
festival literally all over old town, and beyond
called Musicfest NW. This year, asides from local
faves, We brought in Delirium. They put on a seriously
good show. The only bad thing about my local music
scene is the fact that Art alakxasis and his band
(Everclear) is from here (BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

But this year, PDX has been exceptionally good. Within
the last year I have seen Blonde Redhead, The New
Pornagraphers, The Apples in Stereo, Pedro the lion
(twice), Dennison Witmeer, Aimee Mann, Robert Deeble
(several times),They Might Be Giants, and several
others. There were even a few shows I missed.
Not to mention OTR will of course be here in November.

NP: The Ravonnettes - Veronica Fever

> > So here's a couple questions: How has this year
> been for you in regards to
> live music?

=====
Century follows century, and things happen only in the present.
-Jorge Luis Borges, "The Garden of forking Paths"