RE: Thinking of the back roads

 Trudes

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com
[mailto:owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com] On Behalf Of Shank Zehr
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 1:06 PM
To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Subject: Re: Thinking of the back roads

From Kirk:
Halloo-

Jumping on this one late - definitely small town. In Lewis County NY
when
was growing up, there were four (4) times as many cows as there were
people, and no stoplights outside of greater metropolitan Lowville (pop
3500).....

......Give me the good old Adirondacks,
where you can walk through the forest on beds of pine needles and go
rock
sliding in the rivers, and the autumn colors are like . . . New England.
Mmmm. Still my favorite place, though I've yet to see Maine and the
Boundary Waters.

Dreaming of home,
Kirk

Kirk...Is this area near Like Placid?  Having visited L/P and Whiteface
Mountain many times when I lived back East, I can testify how gorgeous
it is....during every season there was a special beauty.  Somehow the
winter struck me as paricularly awesome.  (Remember the Lake Placid
Winter Olympics?)
And I agree..there is NOTHING like New England Fall colors.
Have you ever been out to the Rockies?
T xo