Re: Help with OHIO lyrics

In a message dated 9/8/2003 8:34:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, blk4 at calvin_edu writes:

> When you sit around in the car or the dormroom floor or the trailer and you give eachother advice and goof around and sing to the radio, you know?

I assume 'Joni' is Joni Mitchell, and the reservoir would be their favorite place to drive, park, and turn up the tunes and dream under the stars. The 'reservoir' becomes a great metaphor there, doesn't it....?

I wonder if Holly and Mary are also singers that we need to identify, who have songs about "don't leave your man alone" and the children's home. Or if they were friends of hers that were talking about their own life lessons...

Reviews, interviews, and stylistic inconsistencies at
http://promontoryartists.org/lookingcloser