I like unpopularity

Daniel wrote:

>i think that a lot of people who have "been into
>artists since the early days" and then turn from them when they get big...
>well, that's immature.
>
>music is an art form.  it's also a job.  it's the
>way that the artists make a living.  turning away
>just because more people like them now is... dumb.

I used to agree with that perspective too.  Way back in the day..  When
R.E.M. released Green, Peter Buck or Mike Mills were asked about that in
Rolling Stone.  His response was that if certain fans didn't like them for
having a widely growing fanbase, he totally understood that completely.  We
ridiculed that seemingly idiotic response our whole drive to the UD arena
R.E.M. show that night..

People can like bands for varying criteria - their tattoos, the skimpy
outfits, whatever.  Their "undergroundness" is just as valid of a reason in
my book.

That said, I'm thrilled that OTR was #5 on Billboard's Internet Album Sales
chart.  I wonder if they will be on their Heatseekers chart - do they still
have that?  Must go to the library to find out..

My name is James Connolly, I didn't come here to die,
but to fight for the rights of the working man...,