Subject: Re: Whatever happened to Wade?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Chris Queen wrote:
"So Briquet wrote:
>I was wondering exactly the same thing! >The C.I.A. agent character,
"Wade," >played by Joe Don Baker, appeared in >1995's _Goldeneye_, and
1997's >_Tomorrow Never Dies_, but, was >absent from the subsequent
films in Ian >Flemming's 007 franchise."

"And I didn't like the CIA guy in _Die Another Day_ either, he was a bad
'arrogant American' stereotype."

I rather liked Michael Madsen's portrayal of condescending National
Security Agency (the C.I.A. seems to have fallen off of the 007 radar
screen) director; finally, a good guy, who lets  M know who is boss.

"What's particularly interesting about Joe Don Baker is that he was also
in _The Living Daylights_ (1987), the first Timothy Dalton Bond film, as
"Brad Whitaker", but he was more or less the same character "

Actually, the pretentious arms dealer "General" Brad Whitaker, is one of
the most cowardly inept villains, and C.I.A. agent Felix Leiter is
keeping an eye on his Tangiers estate.

Grizzled burnout veteran C.I.A. agent Wade is quite the opposite, so
charismatic, in fact, that 007 doesn't seem to mind being called
"Jimmy."

The true replacement for C.I.A. agents Wade, and Felix, is N.S.A.
assassin, Jinx.

NP-> J.D. Souther & Linda Ronstadt- "Hearts Against The Wind"

"I think there's an innocence about the midwest that walks hand in hand
with a kind of mental illness..." Linford Detweiler 1993