From: owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com [mailto:owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com] On Behalf Of Nick Purdy
Sent:
Monday, August 25, 2003 10:06 AM
To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Subject: love from Paste

Greetings OTR list!  It’s been awhile since I’ve been around and I only wish there was more time to hang around with folks like you online.  I was on the list for a long time in the nineties, back before Paste really got going.

I keep getting friendly notes telling me that Paste is getting some thrashing here and I wanted to come out from behind the digital curtain and tell you what’s up.

First, we are so impressed with the volume of response OHIO has received.  Linford and Karin are lucky to have you.

Second, let me address two situations:

First, as far as orders going out in time:  We didn’t have CDs from the band until the morning of the 18th.  So there wasn’t the week and a half of sitting around the Grey Ghost packing bubble mailers in advance of shipping day.  Nothing started til that day and nearly 600 orders went out the first day!  (No blame on Linford and Karin here either – they were shoulders to the wheel getting a VERY large amount of CDs signed – they went as fast as they could).  There are a few remaining pre-orders that are going out THIS week due to the fact that we were waiting on a box of Downstream Compilations to arrive at our warehouse – the response to the offer for that CD took us by surprise and we ran out of stock at the warehouse.  New ones should be arriving today or tomorrow and then the rest of the pre-orders (around the last 100) will go out.

Second, regarding some folks that didn’t get an autographed copy and thought they were.  Turns out one box of unsigned CDs was accidentally used during the shipping of pre-orders. An honest mistake, but a bummer nonetheless.  We have heard from some of you and are already working to fix this.  Here’s what’s being done:

1.       As soon as we hear from you, we’ll be sending out your signed copy or copies via FedEx Express – which takes 2-3 days.  This means you’ll have your new CD very quickly.

2.       We’re asking you to send your mistaken CD back to our warehouse.

3.       Then contact Paste with your credit card information and we’ll credit your card whatever it costed you to return the CD.

I’m not giving all of the details of how to return the CD or contact us here b/c to keep it organized, we need to hear from each affected customer individually.

Paste is beyond proud to be working with one of our all-time favorite bands so closely and we hope we can count on your continued support.  We think you’ll all be very interested to read the longest piece ever published in Paste Magazine in our upcoming issue about a certain Ohio band.

If you want to get it before it hits newsstands – just head to http://www.pastemusic.com/mag and you can subscribe.  That issue will arrive in mailboxes in late September or right at the first of October.

Thanks again,

Nick Purdy

President

PasteMusic.com