looking back, looking forward

the temperature dropped 10 degrees today, and the breeze smelled different.
Like new beginnings. Like a holiday. Like a new season was out there
forshadowing itself on the wind.
Friends stayed the night on our futon and broke bread with us in the
morning.

And OHIO came in the mail.

When i sit and listen to it, i feel like i've found myself again and hope
for who i want to be that i am not yet. the sound, the song, the words
awakens passion in me that i haven't felt for a long time. not these petty
passions that trouble and stir me in the midst of my daily days, but a
passion i know that is bigger than me, that says "all this is worth it" and
"there is beauty even here"

ah, sigh.

all is well, all is well, and all will be well,

thanks for sharing your gift, K&L,

chris