Re: First Listen

Nathan:
>I think media is a more limiting factor than intent, though. If a CD could
>hold, say, 300 minutes of music, would the album be substantially
>different?

Honestly, I don't think so.  If you're creating something, you're going for
the aesthetic of the collective whole--not how much you can cram into one
space.

But it probably just depends on the artist in question.  For example, the
new Innocence Mission album isn't even 40 minutes long--but then there's the
perspective of good art meaning knowing when to stop (of course, in their
case, the more the better!!).

Then again, I'm a literature person (and a very technically challenged one
at that), not a musician...so I may have no clue what I'm talking about.  ;)

Down to the letter,
Ana Maria