Re: First Listen

>Nathan said:
This is the first time I've been specifically grateful for a CD changer. In
disc one, in disc two, and Over the Rhine is glossing up... (snip)

Then Brad said:
>This is one of the key benefits of devices such as the iPod, Odyssey,
>Nomad, etc. Rip the discs to the device and instantly double albums, operas
>& symphonies, and other extended format listening experiences play
>continuously as they were composed with no "intermission" for a changing of
>the disc or side (except in those instances where an intermission is part
>of the programme). Quite an enhancement to the listening experience.

Actually, last night I was thinking about how Linford (in arranging the
track order) imagined the LP version, flipping the sides of each record.
This would mean Record 1, Side A would begin with B.P.D. and end with Ohio.
Side B would begin with Suitcase and end with Changes Come.

Record 2, Side A would begin with Long Lost Brother and end with Remind Us,
while Side B would begin with How Long Have You Been Stoned and end with
Idea #21 (It's Not Too Late).

The delays provide dramatic tension.  At least, that's my guess.  ;)

Up above the small town,
Ana Maria