Re: lonesome on the West coast

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 20:22, Aaron Edwards wrote:
> Heck, I haven't even gotten my shipping invoice saying
> they shipped next afternoon. I hope they didn't lose
> my order.

I just got mine (email, that is, not CD), but I'll have to agree with
the sentiment that I'm disappointed with how this whole thing played
out.  It's Wednesday, and I don't have OHIO.  My wife is getting her
wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon, and I was hoping to make it a little
more bearable by having Karin sing some new songs for her.

I've had good experiences with Paste before, so I'm hesitant to lay
blame on them without knowing the story - perhaps they didn't get their
shipment in time to do everything.  But given that this is the first OtR
they've handled, and that it has the potential to expose them to a wide
variety of new people who will likely appreciate other titles of theirs,
I think they could have done a better job, at least of communicating the
difficulty of getting us the CD on the release date.

Plus, I must admit I was hoping for an experience where sometimes when I
pre-order a CD, it even comes a day early because the Post Office (or
UPS or whatever) goes faster than expected.

> Did anyone get (along with a flood of OTR emails) a
> flood of spam with pdf attachments? I hardly ever get
> spam here.

Sure they weren't pif attachments?  There was a nasty little Outlook
virus going around yesterday that you could have gotten hit with.
Otherwise, make double-sure that your Yahoo! preferences don't have
anything listed publicly (maybe something got switched around).

Troy