Re: I Speak American

Actually, what we have is a regional dialect. And I
might argue, a lot of our dialect is based purely on
ignorance of the true meaning of a word, for instance,
what does thw word Diva really mean? No what does the
media tell us it means? Sorry, touchy subject. I hate
VH1 ande all thier croneys if for no other resaon,
giving us this perverted form of the word.

--- Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:
> I respectfully disagree with the posts before mine.
> Just as my forefathers
> seceded from the homeland, I believe our language
> has diverged enough to
> warrant a new mothertongue: American.  If the powers
> that be want to print
> Harry Potter or whatever "literature" in American,
> so be it.  An American
> goes to England, and these things are self-evident:
> the American shall yearn
> for ice in drinks, edible food, and the language of
> home..
>
> Il est dans mon poche,

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler