Re: Re: mailing list vs. message board?

I'd LOVE the reply-to to go to the list first.

I'd LOVE people to remember to ONLY QUOTE THE PART OF AN EMAIL RELEVANT
TO THEIR REPLY.

Lemme say that one more time:

I'd LOVE people to remember to ONLY QUOTE THE PART OF AN EMAIL RELEVANT
TO THEIR REPLY.

(In other words, don't quote the entire email if your reply only concerns
a little bit of it. Some of us don't have that much space for long
emails. Paraphrase if you have to! And instant death to someone who
quotes the ENTIRE DIGEST. Though thank G-d that hasn't happened in a
while.)

But most of all, I'd LOVE to know I'm getting all the email on this list.
We've been bitching about it a while, but it never seems to get better.
The worst part of that is you never know when it's happening, unless it's
your own email, or unless someone quotes something you've never seen. Is
ther anything we can do? Does anyone use Topica lists? Are they any
better? I'm so frustrated with this problem. Grr. Argh.

And message boards are nice, but I think we'd lose some of the
cohesiveness of this Lostee family. Honest. The Wench Guild board
(www.forums.wench.org) is great, but it's nothing like this list. Totally
different feel. I LIKE seeing you all in my in-box!

And in the face of a truly dizzying variety of tasteless jokes, I shall
end.