Re: What Am I Not Reading?

In a message dated 8/7/2003 2:20:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Sobriqet at webtv_net writes:

_C.S. Lewis: Mere Christian_ -Kathryn Lindskoog

I'm not gonna comment on all the other books you listed because either a) I haven't read them, or b) I have read them, but don't have anything interesting to say about them at the moment.  Then again, I don't really have any tremendous insight into Mrs. Lindskoog's book.  I just wanted to say how cool it is to see that someone's reading one of her books since I went to school with her son, Peter, from 7th or 8th grade on thru high school.  I met her a few times, but don't recall speaking with her much.  Not that I had anything of importance to say about C.S. Lewis back then either...  Last I heard from Pete he was living out New York way and singing opera.

Okay, that's enough of a trip down memory lane for now...

So, what am I reading these days, myself?  "A Short History of Rudeness", by Mark Caldwell.  Just finished Bruce Hoffman's "Inside Terrorism" and Mark Helprin's "Winter's Tale" a short while ago.  I'm not sure what'll be next on my plate though.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Dave Alvin - King of California

"Anyone who thinks he has a better idea of what's good for people than people do is a swine." -- P.J. O'Rourke