Re: a topic of discussion

In my opinion, a little of both. Madonna, Cher, Kylie Minogue, and many other pop "divas" found a new relevence by experimenting with dance club electronic music. i've not heard the entire new Jewel disc, but I have sampled each song on the machine at Barnes and Noble that gives you 30 second clips of each track through headphones. In the instances where it seemed like she was doing her thing and complimenting it with electronic textures, it seemed quite engaging. In other instances, she seemed to be stretching her idiom to fit the production, and those moments seemed forced, strained, and a bit awkward, not at all up to the standard Jewel fans expect.

Kristen Bailey <youaremorethanyouthinkyouare at yahoo_com> wrote:
So here's a question for yall. Jewel. Sell-out pop
star or just expanding her horizons?

Dicuss.