Re: What's everybody reading?

Doesn't suprise me that Bethany is reading another
Madeline L'Engle novel. ;-)

I am taking a short story class this summer, so I've
been reading a lot of wierd, modernists stuff like
Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery," The Yellow Wallpaper,
and Flannery O'Conner's "A Good Man is hard to find."
Of course for my other class, I've been reading a lot
of different poetry,as well as a bunch of things about
Italian Futurists (for a presentation I have to make).
Ah, summertime fun.
Anyway, what I have been reading recently is whatever
my professors asign. But there still really cool.

--- Bethany Keeley <blk4 at calvin_edu> wrote:
> If you haven't already read _High Fidelity_ by Nick
> Hornby (or any of
> his other novels) they're light and fun.  I
> reccomend them.  If you've
> gone this long without reading the new Harry Potter,
> then I reccomend
> you get on that.
> I'm reading _Walking on Water_ by Madeline L'engle.
> That's a
> wonderful book, although not fluffy by any means.
> Bethany
>
> Quoting "Barry S. Lawlor" <barrylaw at lightdog_com>:
>
> > There has been way too much OTR content on here
> recently.  What's up
> > with
> > that?  Nobody talked about last week
> trade-deadline deals of the Red
> > Sox
> > getting Scott Sauerbeck and Jeff Suppan for a
> couple of minor
> > leaguers (see
> > the Phils in October Eric? we'll be there).
> >
> > The question I have now that I have three or four
> weeks before school
> > starts
> > back up again is, what is everybody reading this
> Summer?  I am
> > looking for
> > something intriguing but light.  Maybe a
> thriller...not really sure
> > what I
> > want to read, but I figured that y'all would have
> some excellent
> > recommendations.  I just don't want it to be too
> heavy because I will
> > be
> > doing that again all too soon.
> >
> > Waiting for Iota in October!
> >
> > Out here,
> > Barry
> >
> > PS -- I would have said Reds over OTR, but now
> that they have gutted
> > their
> > team and traded away Aaron Boone to the Damn
> Yankees, OTR is
> > definitely the
> > ticket.  More than likely Karin and Linford won't
> pull a groin or
> > separate
> > their shoulders during the show.....

=====
 And I use these words pretty loosely. There's so much more to life than words.
-Linford Detweiler