Re: In a quandry

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Aaron Edwards wrote:
> Try taking a backpack into a Regal cinemas. They have banned them "for
> our own protection," when they really just want to stop people from
> bringing in outside food.

They also don't want you videotaping the movie and posting it on the
internet.

> I walked into a Best buy with my backpack on. The security person told
> me to put it in my car. I explained to her that I do nto have a car,
> that I rode the bus. Eventually, I got her to bring me the manager,
> after trying to convince him that I'm not a criminal, that I just wanted
> to look at computer parts, the manager finally came out and said it was
> store policy to think of everyone with a backpack as a shoplifter.

Morons.  Why can't they just hold the backpack for you at the door, like
the local A&B Sound does?

Nothing tells memories from ordinary moments; only afterwards do they
   claim remembrance, on account of their scars. -- Chris Marker, La Jetee