so happy

Thank you Amazon.com

sigh. maybe i'm a loser after all the discussion lately about making sure
artists get money and such. but i'm very poor. have pity.

so, here is my story. Being as i am just a tiny (tiny) bit lucky and know
one of the right people, i have gotten on Amazon.com's list of people to
email about doing usability studies. The deal is, you come in to Amazon's
big hulking office building on the hill and poke around at web page
prototypes for an hour and give them your feed back and they give you a $50
gift certificate to their webpage for your time.
So today I went in, looked at the page, drank the coke and ate the pretzels
they gave me and told 'em what i thought.

And tonight I looked on line and hoorah! pennyless me can order both Ohio
and Befriended from their page with my Amazon currency :) And tomorrow i go
back for another hour and they'll give me another $50...hmmmm, what books do
i need?

i also (finally!) found a friend who'd let me borrow their Harry Potter. it
is a good week.

satisfied,
chris-o-ravenna