The Death of the Album... NIMBY!

While I will still snatch up stuff like Ben Folds' upcoming
EPs (due to his dislike of the album format), I still love
the album.

I've never been one to buy an album and listen to a few
songs.  I hate sitting in a car with Bruce and have him
skip tracks like the Pope at a truck rally.  I normally
listen to all of my albums front to back.  Ridiculously
enough, sometimes I listen to my collection A to Z... but
that's normally to weed out the crap.  And yes, I fully
agree that it is ridiculous.  I am a ridiculous music
appreciator.

My thoughts~
 Albums are better than singles.
 Many times the single isn't even the best song on the album.
 Radio sucks.  Corporate Music Execs are wankers.
 Napster was fine, but I'll still buy an album over an mp3.

Five Albums that should be enjoyed as a whole~
 Silverchair - Diorama
 Office of Strategic Influence
 Tori Amos - Scarlet's Walk
 Dream Theater - Awake
 Galactic Cowboys - Let It Go

who else thinks that the new OtR album (titled Ohio) should
have been titled... FIGHT NAKED...?

sunday sunday someday,
Dan

np: on the D's

VISIT the home of Dan's music at:
     http://www.unemployedingreenland.com/
         -and- http://www.dlm.net/gc/
VISIT - Pixie Princess Jewelry Studios at:
         http://www.pixieprincess.com/