Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #201

--Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:27:38 -0400 (EDT)
> From: bkeith at edcen_ehhs.cmich.edu (Bill Keith)
> Subject: Dale Bake
>
> Hi
>
> Dale Baker has a new website
>
> www.dalebakerdrummer.com
>
> He has posted his drum charts for a few Over The Rhine Songs.  Since I'm
> not a drummer I couldn't make sense of them but they're fascinating.
> They're handwritten and worth checking out.

I was kinda sad to hear he doesn't have a drumming job right now. Hopefully
someone will take advantage of his talents. I emailed him, and I guess he's
working a real job at the moment, hoping to get back into music.

> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:20:57 -0400
> From: "Scott Gorke" <gorke at adelphia_net>
> Subject: RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #200
>
> Hello all,
>
> Checking in to say hello after lurking lo these many months.
>
> To Chris who someday will name his kids......name them anything original
as
> long as it's not Caitlin (or derivatives thereof), or Conner or Hunter or
> (God help us) Dakota. Damn, if you wanted to name a child, why name
him/her
> after a state you would never visit?

Them are fighting words :) Dakota's not a state, and certainly not a
territory. And some of us from "the Dakotas" don't like being lumped
together, especially by weather forecasters. That said I would never name a
child Dakota. Although I want to point out there are plenty of reasons to
visit South Dakota. Mt. Rushmore, the Black Hills, the badlands, Crazy
Horse, the sioux falls, Sioux Falls, the Palisades, Wall Drug, the Corn
Palace, the Missouri River, not to mention the beautiful farm land, and
friendly people. The air is clean, the sky is big, there is no income tax.
Who wouldn't love all that?

:)
steve