on dakota (Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #201)

scott
> > To Chris who someday will name his kids......name them anything
> > original as long as it's not Caitlin (or derivatives thereof), or
> > Conner or Hunter or (God help us) Dakota. Damn, if you wanted to name
> > a child, why name him/her after a state you would never visit?

o dear, scott -

chris is a mrs.

dakota is nota state - it's origins come from the Sioux, Lakota and Dakota
Sioux.  some sort of tribal affiiliation. meaning: Ally or friend.

what a nice name

we (dave and i) want to name a child dakota.

it's a good name, kind of brown and warm.

like nevada - which means snow covered

laugh away with your scorn, i am reclaiming my past and my heritage, and
dakota is a good name,a strong name.

(:

oklahoma, on the other hand... poor kid.  what would you call 'em? aok is
the best i can come up with

rhys (almost a mrs!)

--
I've already got a penguin, Thanks.