Cornerston3 Random Flashbacks: EPISODE TWO

EPISODE TWO

Over The Rhine's concert Friday night seemed to be a deliberate attempt
at a PLUGGED IN sound, with lots of electric guitar, and even some Atari
sounds coming from Linford.

I get the impression that, maybe, not enough of the unplugged, acoustic,
Jars Of Clay coffeehouse aura of the _GDBD (stripped down demos)_, had
been put to rest by _FFR_, so _Ohio_ will have plenty of room for a
harder rock sound.

Of course, Thursday's acoustic concert hinted at the fact, that, _Ohio_,
being a double album, will still have folkier-than -thou ditties, like
the one written about Karin's visits to a nursing home, where the
anti-depressant, Prozac, is prominently mentioned.

This is the most painful of my random flashbacks, because, I had managed
to lose the replacement for the missing _Patience_ clock, which,
couldn't be found after C-stone 2K2. Sunday morning, I found the
replacement clock, which, had stopped at 6:36, and is, ironically, a
promotional item for Prozac.

The Reverend Dave Nixon, who, must be one of the most patient souls, in
all of creation, listened, without the expected condemnation, to my
destructive ideas for OTR product artwork, e.g., a typical B&W or sepia
photograph, with a small, bright pink image of the Pink Nun (more on her
later) <www.thepinknun.com>  who could be found in a booth quite near
OTR's. The Reverend Nixon also comforted me with the knowledge that the
_Patience_ clock had been discovered, last year, packed in a box, and,
was quite safe now.

EXTREME FLASHBACK

Saturday before C-ston3: Heritage Days on the Macomb Town Square- I met
the 1919 Draft-only Root Beer guy, who said he wouldn't do Cornerstone
again, because he's a one man operation, and the combination of
C-stone's sixteen hour days, and taking off from his regular sales job,
could never make it worth the hassle. The root beer was still the best
I've ever had.

Aurelio's Pizza on the Square, in Macomb, is still closed until 4PM on
Saturdays in the summer, so I've still never eaten there.

"...they are no good, lying, amateur sons of bitches, and liars..."
WFAN-AM 66's Don Imus, referring to the New Mexico press corps, 7:10
A.M., July 18, 2003, A.D.

"I love the road."
Kylie Wilkerson