Random Flashbacks Of Cornerstone Magazine's 20th Fest: EPISODE ONE

EPISODE ONE

Dear List,

Please forgive my slowness, and upcoming erratic treatment of the
subject, but, I was delayed from leaving work by the middle of my city
being on fire for days, and a few short hours after my return, a police
sergeant was shot in the head, with her own gun, so, my vacation was not
only shortened in time, but, seared at both ends by the
"always-hoped-for crises."

"Roll the (poorly done flashback sequence in the) movie of my life
inside of my head"
Saint Smitty- Once again, I owe a great deal to Saint Smitty, the local,
who, for the second consecutive year, took pity on my poor planning, and
in deference to my self-imposed imprisonment on the grounds of
Cornerstone Farm, procured items, which, I should have gotten, at some
time in the past year.

He also introduced me to some people from his life in "Forgottonia" (the
economically underdeveloped part of Illinois, that bulges like a
pregnant woman's abdomen, west of Interstate 55), including his brother,
Evanescence, who shares his Smitty's love of NASCAR, and hair dye; and
some of Smitty's romantic conquests, now cast aside, but, oddly, still
on very friendly terms with the breaker of their hearts.

Perhaps his greatest gift to me was that of his cutting edge fashion
sense. I sometimes found myself uncontrollably weeping tears of joy at
the delicate ensembles he put together. The use of accessories, the
colours; I find myself so moved, it's hard to put these feelings into
words. I have seen the future of men's fashions, and, it is the
MANSKIRT.

An improved website, with some Smitty fashion photos is currently in
development.

"..they suck, and they're a bunch of dishonest, rotten bastards..."
WFAN-AM 66's Don Imus, referring to the New Mexico press corps  6:05
A.M. E.D.T., July 18, 2003 A.D.

"I love the road."
Kylie Wilkerson