Re: OK, I'll just keep on postin'

Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:

>On 7/8/03 4:26 PM, quoth the effervescent rgockley at andrew_cmu.edu at
>rgockley at andrew_cmu.edu:
>

>>>But I'm running 9.2.2! Help???
>>>

>>obviously, you need to upgrade.
>>
>>;)
>>

>Whimper. Okay, here's what I told our dear Mr. Lindemer yesterday:
>

>I have AOL as my email provider-- I can get it on the web, or on my
>phone, so I don't want to lose it. But since AOL sucks, I download it to
>my hard drive via Claris Emailer, which only works with 9.x, not 10. If I
>could find a program that'd work with AOL and OSX, I'd be right there,
>buddy. I'd be SO there!
>
>See my problem?

...to which I replied (off-list):

Em@iler 2.0v3 supposedly runs inside Classic.  If it's the only thing
holding you back, then go for it!  Classic runs fairly well these days,
you know.

In addition, you can try Netscape 7.1 for your AOL mail.  I find the
Mozilla e-mail client to be a great thing, and Netscape 6+ is all based
off Mozilla.  It's got junk mail filtering and myriad other features
that weren't even really thought of when Em@iler was being written.  Of
course, it's got all the Netscape/AOL advertizing built-in that you'd
expect from an AOL-sponsored software package, but that's not too hard
to clean up.

Get yourself to OS X, you'll be glad you did.

-Smitty the Mac Phanatic