Re: Relevant Magazine

Not a very well-written review, IMHO. But then I've never thought much of
Relevant's writing. Besides the clunky English, there's the lack of depth
- why else is TCRF "not dissimilar" to Rattle and Hum *except* for the
fact that they're both compliations of B-sides and live tracks? Rattle and
Hum is all about an Iriah band falling in love with America and American
music - from Hendrix to Dylan to Billie Holliday, BB King, Coltrane, and
even Lennon's New York incarnation - all while holding on to their
political criticism of America. I don't find either the politics or the
fascination with American music in TCRF - it seems much more personal and
focused around internal struggles.

John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning
Antioch College
http://www.antioch-college.edu/ccl

Ned Flanders: Let's just agree to disagree
Principal Skinner: I don't agree to that
Mrs. Krabapple: Me neither