Re: DVD recording (no otr content)

Christian Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> writes:
>Possible?  Yes.  Difficult?  Rather.

You think? It's pretty easy on my Mac. There's actually a one-step program
that'll rip straight from DVD and make a DIVX (a compressed video format)
of the file. The program is called MEncoder (found here:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/17612).

Or you can go through the process of ripping the files, demusxing them,
and making QuickTimes out of them. But if you're gonna be using a Windows
machine, there's no real reason to prefer QuickTime over DIVX.

- John

John Paul Davis
Center for Community Learning
Antioch College
http://www.antioch-college.edu/ccl

Ned Flanders: Let's just agree to disagree
Principal Skinner: I don't agree to that
Mrs. Krabapple: Me neither