Re: Re: 2 bonus cd's from otr

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 11:09, Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> On 6/11/03 12:06 PM, quoth the effervescent yort5thor at yahoo_com at
> yort5thor at yahoo_com:
>

> >Troy, who just got back from Oz for his honeymoon (Melbourne, VIC, and
> >the surrounding area)

> How was it?

Excellent.  Can't recommend it highly enough.  It's definitely not cheap
to get there from the US (which is why we took this opportunity, as we
figured this'd be our best chance), and the flight is loooong, it was
worth it.

We opted to stay in and around Melbourne so that we could take it easy
and not be rushed, rather than spend more time in a plane flying to
Sydney, Brisbane, Darwin, etc.  Though we missed out on some of the
classic Australian things like the Great Barrier Reef or the Sydney
Opera House, it was the right choice.

Animals are one of my wife's favorite things, and there's no shortage of
cool ones in Victoria.  We saw (and photographed, and videotaped) koalas
(wild and not-wild), kangaroos (wild and not-wild), wombats, emus,
platypuses, echidnas, tazmanian devils, possums, penguins, more koalas,
more kangaroos, etc, etc, etc...

We also took in plenty of touristy type things like the Hepburn Springs
Mineral Spa Baths and Massages, the Great Ocean Road (pretty!),
Melbourne Theatre (Hamlet), Puffing Billy (old steam train), Phillip
Island (Fairy Penguins), and tons of really good restaurants.  Meleah
even ate fish brain, which was her favorite part of her baby snapper
(she didn't find out what it was until after).

Suffice it to say, we had a blast in our two weeks there.  Sometime in
the next... oh, year or so, I'm hoping to have time to put together a
website journaling our adventures (she took over 300 pictures) - if I
get around to it, I'll post a URL.

But if anyone is looking into going and wants some pointers, feel free
to ask!

Troy