Re: otr otr otr otr otr!!!

hi all,

havent been around for about a week, what ive read so far about new otr cd has top my week of even more,
last friday i bought a new car (old one got stolen) and last nite police phoned to say its been found, it was damaged, but the so and so person who took my car took all my cd's, tried taking cd player but must have had trouble getting it out, so instead of leaving it at that he took the face of the cd player, it wont play without it, and would you believe it cost $150.00 australian dollars to replace it,
well being such a tough time on me iv gone on spending sprees, i have a new car (honda prelude) which has p stearing cruise controll electric mirros and windows with electric sun roof and so on, it was just missing a cd player, so today after work (wasnt really at work at all today) i went down to an auto shop pulled out those wonderfull plastic cards and got cd player for car. but now i just have one otr cd, so once finished here, going straight to otr web page to purchase 6 of my missing cds, maybe a couple extra. now ill have to wait to august for there new cd.

its amazing how good life can be too you if you keep a positive attitude, something i never new how to do.

any way, hope you are all doing fine, cant stay to read every email write now, will come back after i order cd's

see ya later

emily

Mariesa Combs <mariesaac at yahoo_com> wrote:
Did they decide on "Ohio"? At Canal Street they were
still deciding on a title.

Mariesa
--- "jason m." wrote:

---------------------------------

So according to Virgin/Bachporch the Over the Rhine
double disc is indeed coming out August 19th(Yes?) and
is called "Ohio". Sooooooooo exciting.

nosaj

"Hope sometimes can blind the heart,
calling light what breathes like dark."
-Sarah Masen

>From: Owner-Over-The-Rhine at ActWin_com (Over-The-Rhine
Digest)
>To: Over-The-Rhine-Digest at ActWin_com
>Subject: Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #148
>Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:03:51 -0400
>
>Over-The-Rhine Digest Tuesday, May 27 2003 Volume 05
: Number 148

>In this issue:
>! ;
> Re: Akron Show
> cornerstone roll call
> This is a grand commercial
>
>See the end of the digest for information on
subscribing to the
>Over-The-Rhine mailing list and on how to retrieve
back issues.

>Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:38:01 +0000
>From: "Daniel Summers"
>Subject: Re: Akron Show
>
> The "bar noise" does seem to be a problem at many
locations. Thankfully I've seen them the most at Canal
Street Tavern (Dayton) where surprisingly, this has
never happened! Although it is a bar, the employees
are all considerate and dispose of bottles quietly.
And the crowds always seemd to be very considerate.
I've seen OtR and Cheryl Wheeler there several times,
and both artists have commented on how nice it is to
come to Canal Street. Makes me feel honored to have
seen them ! in such a good place =) All that to say,
Canal Street is th! e place to see them! Not the typical
"bar concert".

> Also Flip, where did you come from in Belmont
County? I lived in Barnesville and St. Clairsville for
a few years. You don't know how shocked I was to find
out later on that K & L had come from those areas.
Looked through yearbooks at the St. C. library for
Linford, but unfortunately they were missing some
years. And Linford may not have gone to St. C.
Sometime I'll need to go back to Barnesville and look
for Karin's school pictures. It would be neet to see
what they looked like in high school.

>- -Daniel J. Summers
>

>Holy s**t. My first OTR show, and I'm very VERY
impressed. But then, I

>didn't expect otherwise.
>

>TheLimeSpider was packed. We arrived about an hour
before show time and all

>seats were filled. W! e assumed a location far right
facing stage, where a

>slight side stage made for excellent viewing. Sound
was superb, hats off the the

>Spider's tech.
>

>Karen and Linford have such a special relationship on
stage (and i assume

>otherwise too, heh). Their involvement in the music,
their presentation, the

>soul that exudes, really draws in the listener.... I
don't know enough of their

>songs to offer a set list, but there wasn't a cough
in a car load, I know that.

>The crowd was wonderfully quiet at the beginning of
the show, but as alcohol

>and time set in, there were several younger ladies
nearby that couldn't keep

>their traps shut, and the bar noise was loud (sink
wash, empty bottles, etc).

>Got a few good pics of the duo, and I did the! stupid
tourist thing and asked

>for autogr! aphs pos t-show. Turns out Karin and
Lindford were both born in the

>same county that I was. I knew L was, didn't know
about K.

>I think I got a decent tape out of it (crowd noise
may be an issue on some

>songs). I'll vine it out once it's on CDR.
>

>Great show... great show.
>

>flip
>
>- - ---------------

>- ------------------------------
>

>End of Over-The-Rhine Digest V5 #147

>in the body of a message to "Majordomo at ActWin_com".
Archives are

>available on the World Wi! de Web at
>
>http://www.actwin.com/MediaNation/OtR/
>

>- ------------------------------------------
>MSN 8 helps
>- ------------------------------------------
>ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES.
>- ------------------------------------------
> Get 2 months FREE*.
>- ------------------------------------------
>
>- ---------------
>
>- --- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
>text/html (html body -- converted)
>- ---
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 12:50:59 -0600
>From: wrosesongs at fastmail_fm
>Subject: cornerstone roll call
>
>with only a month until i begin packing for my trip
to this year's
>birthday bash in bushnel, i began wondering how many
on the list are
>planning to come i! nto the cornfields this year. it
will be fun to put
>! ;more na mes and faces together.
>
>this years exciting moments:
>* the prayer chain!
>* steve taylor
>* linford's writing seminar
>* we have a rv!!!!
>
>is anyone planning to tape this years event? i am
especially interested
>in the possibility of getting a boot of friday's otr
show since i sadly
>won't be in attendance (darn schedule clashes).
>
>bottled water has been purchased,
>zayne
>
>np: my neighbor's new puppy in the back yard
>- --
>
> wrosesongs at fastmail_fm
>
>- --
>http://www.fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains
or use your own

>Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 02:50:34 +0000
>From: "Bruce Lachey"
>Subject: This is a grand commercial
>
>Apparently St! eve Castrucci in town has this
personalized for him too: